Monday, March 31, 2008

Are You Serious?


As I was sitting at the bar last night our topic of conversation went to the one, Steve Spurrier, and how great his abilities to keep players on his team no matter what happens. This kid is turning into the John Daly of football with his problems just compounding, not for being unlucky but for being in the best words a "moron". Thing is I like John Daly. His offenses as follow,

1st offense-
charged with drunkenness and failing to stop for a police officer
2nd offense- arrested for malicious injury to personal property
3rd offense-
cited for underage drinking

This is where we get to the part where I tell you he is still not kicked out of the university and can play starting in August if he stays out of trouble (Hu
ge "If" in that equation). This is almost as bad as LSU, but that is another topic for another night of drinking. The fact that this kid has been arrested three times and cited another, which is four times in trouble with law in matter of year for those slow ones, is unreal that he has not been expelled from school. I have no problem for drinking and getting caught it is the risk you take, but to get caught because you were rude to a police officer and then two-weeks later you get caught keying your professor's car because you got a bad grade, come on I fail tests on a weekly basis, but do you know what I do? I go out and get obliterated to the point I can't remember my name much less a test score. Then the latest two crimes consisted of setting off a fire extinguisher and causing damage to the university. I can't say that I have not tried this, but I will say that I did not stand around to tell the police the words that might have come out of Garcia's mouth which went some what along these lines,

'Officer I swear there were sparks but then I think I lost control after I sprayed the entire hallway and found the other extinguisher and did it again.'

Someone along the education level of Garcia would probably said this after he realized that he needed to leave the spot of the crime. But even with all of this, Spurrier must think he is the next Joe Namath to keep him through all of this, my personal opinion is he looking like our very own Quincy Carter or even better with his legal problems a repeat of Blake Mitchell, saw how that worked out for them. Although if he came to The University of Georgia he would have been expelled last year after the professor incident. I just want to know how you can keep a kid on the football team and in a school like South Carolina after someone gets arrested four times and damages school property. The school then goes and says that Garcia is a good kid and he regrets what he has done, but did he regret what he did after he was caught drinking the last time he then went on the damage the hall way with a fire extinguisher. I take what is coming out of the kid's mouth with a grain of salt and so should everyone else at the University if they don't want this to get any worse then it is.

No comments: